Merflex PEX OT® Oxygen Barrier Tubing
Merflex PEX OT Oxygen Barrier Tubing (PEX-C) is made using an in-house custom formulation that offers distinct performance advantages and increased material stability. The oxygen barrier applied to the outside of the tube helps to prevent rusting or corrosion of metal components in hydronic heating systems. Cross-linking via irradiation at our 30,000 square foot electron beam facility imparts extraordinary resistance to chemicals and ensures consistency in cross-linking.
Mercury Plastics' dedication to SPC (statistical process control) principles coupled with in-line measuring capability enables us to achieve and maintain a very high level of quality and consistency. Tube diameter and wall thickness are constantly monitored to ensure a quality fit with your pipe-fitting system. Merflex PEX OT Oxygen Barrier Tubing is available with a custom print stream for a professional look.
Features and Benefits of Merflex PEX OT Oxygen Barrier Tubing
- For use in radiant heating, baseboard heat and radiator applications
- Approved for use in potable water applications
- Available in coils and cut to length straight sticks
- Available in six approved colors
Merflex PEX Listing and Approvals Include:
- NSF Standard 61: Drinking Water System Components - Health Effects
- NSF Standard 14: Drinking Water System Components - Performance
- Plastic Pipe Institute (PPI) Hydrostatic Stress Board, TR-4/2000 Listing, Standard Grade @ 73° F. (23° C.) HDB 1250 psi, 180° F. (83° C.) HDB 800 psi and 200° F. (93° C.) HDB 630 psi.
- CSA Standard B137.5 - Cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubing for pressure applications
- NSF Cl-TD Chlorine Resistance Performance for Potable Water Applications
- ASTM F876-04: Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
- ASTM F877-05: Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing - Hot and Cold Water Distribution Systems
For more information, please contact us by email or call us at 440-632-5281.